OMG! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the beautiful and fashionable Chic and Healthy! I was shocked and delighted at the same time when I learned about this nomination! I am just very grateful about this nomination! So thank you once again to Chic and Healthy and be sure to check out her blog! 🙂
Some of you may wonder what a Liebster Award is. I, myself, didn’t know this existed until I started blogging. Well basically, this award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. This award is a way of connecting with other bloggers and of sharing bits and pieces about yourself to them! This is also another way to introduce new bloggers to the vast blogging community.
So here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog in your blogpost
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award in your blogpost
3. Answer the questions that were given to you by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers and notify your nominees by posting comments on their blogs
5. Create a list of questions that your nominees will answer
Here are my answers to Chic and Healthy’s questions:
1. Your favorite season?
Because I live in a very tropical country (the Philippines), we only have two seasons here, summer and rainy season. I wish we had winter and spring here because I really like the idea of changing one’s fashion style as the season changes. Unfortunately, we only have two seasons in the Philippines and we get to wear the same kinds of clothes throughout the year. But if I were to pick favorites out of these two seasons, I would definitely pick summer! Even though summers here are scorching hot, we do have amazing beaches were we can spend the summer in! I am a water person and I love going to beaches with friends and family!
2. The strangest thing someone has ever told you?
Someone once told me that he has never tried Skittles before! For me that was really strange because who hasn’t eaten Skittles before?! It’s one of my favorite candies ever!
3. Who is your favorite author?
Definitely J.K. Rowling of the Harry Potter series! I am such a bookworm and I have read a ton of books already but J.K. Rowling always stands out to me! I have been reading Harry Potter books since I was in 5th grade and I don’t mind reading them again and again.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
Prague, Czech Republic. I have a list of places that I want to visit and Prague is number 1 on my list! I used to have a professor in college who shared my fascination for cathedrals and amazing architecture and he told me that Prague is one of his favorite places to visit! I would love to visit Prague and immerse in their culture and glory in their amazing cathedrals and buildings!
5. What beauty product can you absolutely not live without?
Oh God, this a very hard question to answer! But, I would choose lipstick! I am a lipstick junkie and I love how using different colors of lipstick can change your look!
6. Red or white wine?
I would pick red wine just because that’s what was always available at home when I was growing up. Haha. But seriously, I love drinking red wine!
7. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose? Why?
I would probably want to live in the 70s because I have seen in magazines and television how glorious that decade is in terms of fashion and music!
8. Something that you learned recently?
I recently learned that I could really be creative when I put my mind to it! 🙂
9. How do you define success?
For me success is being happy and content with what you have and knowing that you haven’t hurt anyone. 🙂
10. In the Sex and The City movie, should Carrie have taken Mr. Big back after he ditched her at the altar?
Yes! I think Mr. Big is Carrie’s great love and you just can’t turn away from a love as great as that!
11. What fashion item(s) are you currently coveting?
I’ve always wanted to own a leather jacket! And I have seen one in Mango that I have been lusting after!
The following bloggers are my nominees. I am not sure if they do have less than 200 followers. Nevertheless, I would love to nominate them for this award and get to know them better in the process!
3. Chic Sensei
6. Alley Hope
And for my nominees, here are the questions which I would love for you to answer!
1. If you were to describe yourself in one word using the first letter of your name, how would you describe yourself?
2. What was your childhood dream?
3. If you were to trade places with a celebrity for one day, who would that celebrity be and why?
4. What is your favorite brand of makeup?
5. What is your go-to look for everyday?
6. Who or what brightens up your day?
7. Would you rather be stuck on an island all by yourself or go bunjee jumping?
8. Which fictional tv or movie character do you most identify yourself with?
9. What is your idea of a romantic date?
10. Would you rather be a supermodel or a fashion designer?
11. Where do you see yourself a decade from now?