Ellana Minerals Cosmetics recently re-launched their brand. Their products have been raved about by a lot of bloggers and I knew I needed to check out their products to satisfy my curiosity! I’ve heard of Ellana back when I was still in college but the brand has been getting a lot of buzz lately because of their new packaging and new product offerings!
One of the most raved about products by Ellana is their Let’s Make It Last Makeup Primer. I have super oily skin and a primer is a must have in my routine.
The primer comes in a glass bottle with a pump. Since the product comes in a glass bottle, I do not find it conducive for travelling.
This primer claims to instantly smoothen the skin for easier makeup application. It also claims to completely mattify the skin, soften fine lines and enhance the complexion.
The product contain Moroccan Argan Oil and Allantoin that moisturizes and improves the elasticity of the skin.
The primer is clear and has a thick formula which I don’t mind at all. I sense a bit of grainy texture with this primer but it still glides on smoothly on the skin.
The primer costs Php 450 which to some may seem expensive but I feel that one bottle of this primer will go a long way! A pea-sized amount is more than enough to cover the entire face!
1. I really, really like the texture of this primer! It feels a bit grainy but it glides on smoothly.
2. It leaves the skin smooth which makes it easier to apply foundation.
3. It really does mattify the skin instantly and I find that it controls the super oiliness of my skin for atleast 4 hours before I have to blot out the oil.
4. I also love the fact that it contains good skincare ingredients like Argan Oil! It’s paraben free as well!!!
5. Lastly, I love that this product is by a Filipino brand! You just gotta love local products! Kudos Ellana team!
1. In general, I like it’s packaging because the packaging looks and feels really luxe! Who doesn’t love that gorgeous illustration in the bottle?! But, I don’t think it’s great for travel since the glass might break. I wish it came in a tube packaging like the Rimmel primer or the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. Just saying. 🙂
This primer has definitely become a staple in my makeup routine and as far as oil control goes, this is the best I’ve tried so far compared to what the other local brands and US drugstore brands are offering. I think that this primer is a worthy buy because I have been impressed by its quality and I can see myself using this product for a long time.