Let’s Talk BB Creams

Hello!

BB Creams have been extremely popular since the first time they came out in the market even until now when other products like CC Creams have come out. Their light-weight formula is very easy to wear and apply. I prefer using BB Creams or tinted moisturizers on a daily basis because they’re easier to blend with just the use of your fingers and they give a nice, fresh look.

I’ve tried quite a number of BB creams over the years since they became popular. Some BB creams were horrendous! They were either too white for me or the formula was just so bad! The other BB creams that I’ve tried worked well for me.

I recently cleaned out my makeup stash and threw away some items which I found useless and some items that I just disliked so much that I was better off without them. I parted ways with some lack-luster BB creams and I’ve kept the few that I actually liked. In this blog post, I’ll be showing the BB creams that I’ve kept and see myself still using in the foreseeable future.

Colour Collection Whitening BB Cream

share(10)

share(15) collectio n

This BB cream contains Glutathione and Arbutin to make skin radiantly fairer and smoother with every use. I admit that I haven’t gotten that much use out of this BB cream. I only used this a few times so I cannot attest to its whitening claim. But, whenever I use this product, I like the smooth and fresh finish that it gives.

Avon Skin Goodness BB Cream

share(11)

share(15) avon

This BB cream has a bit of a watery consistency but it’s very easy to blend out with the use of my fingers, a stippling brush or a sponge. I think that this BB cream has the most light-weight formula out of all the BB creams that I own! It basically feels as if you haven’t applied any product on your face! It has a very sheer coverage which just makes the skin look radiant and glowing!

ZA Cosmetics Total Hydration BB Cream UV White

share(13)

share(15) ZA Cosmetics

I have been really impressed with the brand ZA Cosmetics. I’m a fan of their concealers and their BB Creams. I find that their BB Creams are very blendable and have amazing staying power. This is one of the BB creams that I like using in the summer because it doesn’t seem to “melt” under the heat of the sun. Plus it has SPF 50 which makes it all the more perfect for hot days!

Beauty Republic Dramatic BB Tinted Cream

share(12)

share(15)  beauty republic

This is probably my favorite BB cream out of all that I own! It comes out of the tube WHITE but it blends out into the natural color of your skin! I love that it gives a smooth finish and is long-wearing despite sweat and oiliness!

The Body Shop All-in-One BB Cream

share(14)

share(15) body shop

This BB cream is also a color adapting BB Cream like the Beauty Republic BB Cream. But this BB Cream turns into a dark reddish brown color (almost like the color of clay) before it blends out evenly into the natural color of my skin. Like the Beauty Republic BB Cream, I find that this also has amazing staying power on my skin even when I sweat. The only thing I don’t like about this product is that it does not have SPF.

What are your favorite BB Creams? I’d love to try out more BB creams from other brands so feel free to leave your recommendations in the comments section!

Xoxo!

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Let’s Talk BB Creams

1. christinajavete says:

I am currently using my first BB cream/primer by Tarte Cosmetics. It has SPF 30 and it applies smooth like a primer. I really like it, however, I think I need to go one shade darker. I would like to try the Body shop’s BB cream, sounds nice!

2. Jae says:

I’ve always wanted to try the BeautyRepublic BB cream! Pinay YT gurus always rave about it. 😉 I love BB creams, they’re easy to apply and fuss free. Medyo hirap lang makahanap ng shade match cos most Korean ones are too light and look grayish on our skintone.

x

• beautybloggergoddess says:

Hi Jae! Yes, Korean BB creams are too white. You should try the Beauty Republic one then since it adapts to the natural color of your skin. Unless you’re skin is too dark because it will appear a bit grayish. 🙂

3. Rebel says:

BB creams have been driving me insane lately as i haven’t used any in the past and its been difficult picking one up. This article is helping me decide so THANK YOU. 😀

PS. It’s been ages i haven’t been on your blog. :O I shall visit more often now!! ❤

4. makeupwithkokerface says:

I haven’t tried any non Asian bb creams because I here they suck compared to Korean ones. I have some from Etude House ans I’ve tried samples from Skin 79. I’ve tried Garnier from a tester and I hated it. I’m not likely to buy any think bb from any brand that isn’t from Korea. Lol. I think I’m spoilt because I live in Korea, but I’ve just read too many disappointing reviews on bb creams not made in Korea.

• beautybloggergoddess says:

Hi! I also find that non-Asian BB creams are not as good as the Asian ones. Maybe Asian BB creams just work well with my skin because I’m Asian and I live in Asia and Asian BB creams were formulated for the Asian weather. Hehe. 🙂

• makeupwithkokerface says:

I think it’s more than that. I’m Caucasian and I find Korean Bb creams to be of excellent quality. That’s because BB creams were first invented in Korea. They are already mastered and perfected. Anything that the US comes up with is just a replica or an attempt at it, and that’s why so many if them suck! Imo

• beautybloggergoddess says:

Great to know that Korean BB Creams work well for you! I think you’re right. The Koreans are the pioneers in BB Creams and the rest of the world just followed. The original still prevails! 🙂